Calcein Assay® License
|SB HL60 MDR1selected cell line||MDR1/P-gp
|SB HL60 MRP1 selected cell line||MRP1
|SB K562 MDR1 selected cell line||MDR1/P-gp
|SB K562 MRP1 selected cell line||MRP1
SOLVO’s patented Calcein Assay® is an indirect inhibitory-type whole cell assay, which provides information on any interaction between the ABC transporter and the test drug. The assay monitors the inhibition of the MDR1/P-gp (ABCB1) or MRP1 (ABCC1) mediated efflux of calcein AM by measuring the increased fluorescence of the calcein dye.
Calcein Assay® is protected by US (US5.872.014, US6.277.655, US6.391.656) and international (e.g. EPO0784699) patents. Licenses for commercial entities for certain in-house uses are available.
License package includes:
- Non-exclusive license for the Calcein Assay® method for in-house use
- Detailed assay protocol for 96-well plate
- MS Excel file containing worksheets for calculations and data representation
- MDR1 and MRP1 expressing cells frozen in 2 ml cryogenic vials + description of cell lines and protocol for subculturing
- Free technical support via e-mail or phone
- Personal technical support, training or consulting is also available at the customer’s expense
Different pricing schemes are available: up-front licensing fee until patent expiry or yearly subscription fees with a minimum purchase of 2 years; worldwide use or use in a limited geographical area.
Learn more about the Calcein Assay technology.
If you have any questions about our Calcein Assay®license, please contact us!